15 June 2008

Entry for December 12th and 11th, 2007

Entry for December 12, 2007

Christmas WWI--The meeting of enemies as friends in no-man's land was experienced by hundreds, if not thousands, of men on the Western Front during Christmas 1914. A Christmas truce was called and the unbelieveable happened. To read about this truce, go to firstworldwar page and read about it.

Entry for December 11, 2007
Continuing on with the same theme as yesterday, today let's look at Christmas for our troops during the Vietnam war. Go to http://www.landscaper.net/christmas.htm#Christmas%201968%20letter and get a glimpse of the 15th Field Artillery Regiment celebrating Christmas. If you go to this page you can get an idea of how one journalist got caught up in this war on Christmas.

(Above entries were originally posted on my Yahoo 360 blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Your opinions are important to me so if you think I am right on or off my rocker let me know.