The crust isn't pretty because my kitchen talent is limited. So here's the guide on how I made my 2 pies.
- cube up left over turkey
- 1 can of potatoes cut in cubes or slices (drained)
- 1 can of mixed vegetables (drained)
- country gravy mix 2 cup size. Cook this a little bit but don't let it get too thick.
- store bought pie crusts (4 crusts, 2 bottoms and 2 tops)
Preheat oven to 425
- mix all ingredients together
- put bottom pie crusts in pie pans.
- put filling in pie crusts
- put top crusts on
- cut 4 "vents" in top of each pie
Cook at 425 for 30 - 40 minutes until golden brown. If your crust edges are getting too brown, then put foil around edges.
Husband, a very picky eater, said several times that it is almost like a Marie Callender pot pie. If you only need 1 pie, then you can either cook the 2nd one and freeze it or freeze it uncooked. I would just wrap it good in plastic wrap, pan and all and toss in the freezer. Let defrost in fridge and from uncooked state, follow the above cooking directions. From cooked state, let defrost in fridge and then heat in microwave as long as you used a glass pie pan. If you used a metal pie pan then I'd heat individual servings in the microwave. We're eating our second pie tonight.
I'm out of steam for now. Y'all take care.