15 June 2008

January 11, 09, 07, 03, and 02, 2008

Entry for January 11, 2008

Here's a handy tool for all you crocheters (knitters too). It is a yarn shop locator! Type in a location and a map will show you places to buy yarn! Handy if you're going on a trip and want to scope out yarn shops. Surprise, surprise, surprise, in my small town there is a yarn shop and it's NOT Wal-mart! LOL! I almost forgot here it is! UPDATE: The yarn shop in my town no longer exists. This locator had outdated information.
Go over to Happy Yellow House and check out the new patterns. There is an adorable duffel bag made out of daisy squares. There are new afghan patterns too. I just love the afghans here. One of these days I'm going to attempt one of them. So many patterns, so little time! Have fun!

Entry for January 09, 2008

Yippee!!! I did it! The chenille afghan is finished! I have decided to give it to my aunt. She always remembers us at Christmas time so I hope this is a nice gift for her. The pattern was a freebie on the yarn wrapper but it is also free on Lion's website. What do you think of it? Now, I am making a round ripple afghan out of shades of purple from my stash.

Entry for January 07, 2008

I'm still working on the chenille afghan. It is so easy and works up very quickly. I had bought a few extra skeins of yarns "just in case" and what I'm doing is using the extra yarn to increase the edging. The afghan just seemed a bit too small for us --dh is 6'1" and I'm 5'9". Anyway, I'm working with the last skein of yarn so in a few days I'll be able to post a picture of the completed ghan! Yippee! The last ghan I made was granny squares so it seemed to take forever to finish especially when my ADD kicked in! I don't really have ADD--my husband teases me that I do because I tend to flit from one thing to another.


Entry for January 03, 2008

Here's the project that I am working on now. I found some Lions brand quick and easy chenille yarn on sale 1/2 off. I got enough to make a throw to go on the back of the couch. The pattern is available for free here . You have to sign up as a member to see it but it is well worth it. They have many, many very nice patterns for free.
Now for some history trivia.
On this day in history 1521, Martin Luther was excommunicated from the Catholic church by Pope Leo X. A detailed article about Martin Luther is here .

Entry for January 02, 2008

Thought that I would put a picture here of dh's Christmas present. He was a little skeptical when he heard that I "made" him one of his presents. He really likes this though. I bought a fleece with the USN insignia from Wal-mart and then I did a single crochet edge around it for several rows. I "poked" holes around the perimeter with a seam ripper to start out with. Voila...a great throw for my retired MMCS (SW) navy guy!


(Above posts originally on my Yahoo 260 blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Your opinions are important to me so if you think I am right on or off my rocker let me know.