I decided to make a hat to match because I had a lot of matching yarn. I thought that since the scarf was a little fancy that a plain hat would be best. I used this pattern without the flower. I should have checked my gauge in the beginning because after I finished the hat, it resembled this guys rainhat:
So, I frogged the entire thing and crocheted it again. I think it turned out pretty well. Here it is:
So, to sum up the changes I used in making this pattern-- I omitted the flower, downsized the hooks I used by 2 sizes and I used Lion Suede yarn instead of Homespun. This set is going to a special person for a Christmas present. I think she'll like it (fingers crossed).
Thanks for visiting.
ps--an update on my friend in the hospital. He is hoping to come home Monday. My husband talked with him today and he sounds much better. Thanks to all of you for your prayers.