20 April 2011

WIP Wednesday 20 April 2011

Here's an update on my current projects. I'm slooooooowly single crocheting the squares together on the Vikings granny 'ghan. When I join the squares this way, I arrange the squares on our spare bed in the layout I want them in then I sit on the side of the bed/ kneel beside the bed/ bend over the bed as I sc the rows in one direction together. After that stage is done, then I feel comfortable enough to gingerly carry the project into the family room so that I can finish it up as I sit in my favorite corner of the couch. It's a strain on the back but I'm concerned about getting the squares out of order or having some of them sewn in with the wrong side facing up.


The other project I'm working on is yet another granny 'ghan. This one I'm making the squares in 8 rounds (the Viking 'ghan has 12 rounds per square) and instead of making it 4 squares by 5 squares, I'm making it 7 squares by 5 squares. I don't have too many made yet but here's what I have:


For the black square with the flecks in it, I used a different square pattern and I modified it. Here's a closer look at it:


That's about all that's going on with my crochet projects. Oh, and the reason for the color choices in the 2nd afghan is that I pulled colors from my stash and did purchase a little yarn to finish it. That's my goal this year, dig from stash 1st and only buy to have enough to finish project. I don't want to but I really need to shrink my stash (sigh).

1 comment:

  1. I lay everything out on our spare bed too and work around the blanket, it is hard on the back, but as you said, it helps keep everything in order. Looks like you are making good progress on your newest afghan. Have a great day! :-)

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? Your opinions are important to me so if you think I am right on or off my rocker let me know.