The other project I'm working on is yet another granny 'ghan. This one I'm making the squares in 8 rounds (the Viking 'ghan has 12 rounds per square) and instead of making it 4 squares by 5 squares, I'm making it 7 squares by 5 squares. I don't have too many made yet but here's what I have:
For the black square with the flecks in it, I used a different square pattern and I modified it. Here's a closer look at it:
That's about all that's going on with my crochet projects. Oh, and the reason for the color choices in the 2nd afghan is that I pulled colors from my stash and did purchase a little yarn to finish it. That's my goal this year, dig from stash 1st and only buy to have enough to finish project.