17 March 2013

A "Thank You" and My Current Project (WIP)

Yesterday, the doorbell rang and it was our mailman with 2 packages in his hands. The 1st package was a box of cute buttons and ribbons--the expression "buttons and bows" is running through my mind now. I knew it was from a song so I couldn't resist including a video clip of the song sung by Bob Hope. Debi from Dly's Hooks and Yarn sent this to me because she is a nice lady. "Thank you" very much Debi. The other box was the yarn I ordered from Joanns because I was running short of this color for an afghan I'm making. It is only some Red Heart Super Saver but after checking 3 stores in person for this color I had to order this particular color from an online source and Joanns just happened to have it on sale--SCORE!  This project is working up rather slowly, it's made mostly from granny squares and I'm attempting to be disciplined about weaving in the ends as I make the squares so I don't have to face a gazillion of ends (only half a gazillion) to weave in after joining all the squares together. When I just went to Joanns to get their link information (to copy and paste here) I noticed they have a flat rate shipping of 7 cents today!



These are the crafty goodies sent to me by Debi of DLY's Hooks and Yarns. Her blog is similar to a treasure chest with all sorts of goodies inside. She shows some pretty projects she has created and there are many free patterns for you that she has developed and shares with all of us. Oh, and she's a nice person too!


I ordered 4 of these although I'll probably only need 1 or 2. It's better to have too much rather than too little.

This is the basic layout of the squares for this afghan. The "X "squares will be black and the "green dot" squares will be a 5 color granny--lots of end weaving going on here lol! I will probably treat this as one "giant" granny after all the squares are together and crochet a few times around the assembled squares and finish it up with a shell type edging/border. I still have a while to go on it. So far I have 80+ of the multi-colored grannies done and just a few of the solid black ones.

Color is a bit off here but this is the best I can do today with a gloomy day and artificial lighting. This is actually black, brown, dark sage green, a burgundy-ish, and gold colors. My table cloth color is in reality, cream!

This is about it for now other than an Irish wish for you today, St. Patrick's Day:


May you live a long life
Full of gladness and health,
With a pocket full of gold
As the least of your wealth.
May the dreams you hold dearest,
Be those which come true,
The kindness you spread,
Keep returning to you.

Have a happy St. Paddy's Day and a wonderful week.

Hugs,
Sharon 




1 comment:

  1. You're so welcome Sharon - and thank you for the kind words. :)

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? Your opinions are important to me so if you think I am right on or off my rocker let me know.