02 December 2012

Christmas Decorations

Since the boys are now grown and on their own, we've downsized the amount of Christmas decorating we do. We now have a small, artificial Christmas tree and don't do too much decorating outside other than a wreath and putting some old garland on the spruce trees.



I did buy a couple new ornaments this year:

In honor of my mom who passed away 1 1/2 weeks before Christmas when I was 12

I honor of my grandmother who passed away the day after Christmas when I was 17.

Ornament with happy memories:

I love this one because we were still young when stationed in Hawaii and had a very close-knit group of friends there. 

Ah, the fond memories of my son Matthew when he was a little boy. Somewhere there is one with my other son's name on it too.

I do believe I'm finished with the Christmas decorating  I usually go into a funk before the holidays but this year I'm making a big effort to get into the spirit of things. It has been many years since I started decorating the house so early. A few times I barely got the tree up before Christmas. 

This year, I'm trying to think of the things I've been blessed with and not the things I've lost or don't have. I have my little family and we love each other. I don't have grandchildren but I do have a great granddaughter of my heart since my younger son married her nana. The economy is tough but we're making it. My little family is for the most part healthy and health issues some have are not life-threatening as long as medications are taken. My little chihuahuas, Nellie Belle and Opi, give me lots of love when I'm feeling down. I don't have lots of friends but the friends I have been blessed with are true friends (love you guys). Life is good...




2 comments:

  1. Your tree is pretty Sharon. Yes, it's always best to focus on your blessings and remember the happy times. I hope you have a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true Debi. I'm trying to push the negative thoughts to the background and it's making me a more cheerful person too. Thanks for posting here. :)

      Delete

What are your thoughts? Your opinions are important to me so if you think I am right on or off my rocker let me know.