22 July 2011

Productive Friday...

Today has been a productive day. I am in the middle of processing pickles--5 quarts and 2 pints. I also made some homemade laundry soap. The best thing that I did today is related to a slightly embarrassing story. Some of you may remember that I was delighted last Christmas when I received a Kindle from dh. Well, I misplaced it in February! I knew it was in the house because I hadn't taken it out and the people who had visited were all extremely trustworthy. I had crawled under my bed, moved furniture and even looked in the bathroom for it without success. DH looked for it too. He would tease me about it every time he heard the word "Kindle." Today the word came up again and I went on a hunt that lasted only a minute or 2. There, between 2 other books was my Kindle! What a shocker--oh what a wonderful thing! So, there's my confession for the day.

I hope y'all are having a great weekend.

Edited to add:
p.s. I originally had this post titled "Productive Saturday..." and then I realized it was written about Friday! lol!



4 comments:

  1. That is so funny about the Kindle LOL if I had one of those I would have had an unhappy hubby if I told him I misplaced it hehe. It sure does sound like you have been busy I bet it is such a good feeling too when you get to eat the goodies later :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ray was a bit irritated but since he knew it was in the house somewhere he was more amused at my spaciness than the fact that I couldn't find it. I'm pretty thankful that he's an easy-going guy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Busy... enjoy your week-end and rest a little.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you found your Kindle. It was probably like getting the gift all over again when you found it. Your pickles sound delicious and you are making great use of your garden produce. Enjoy your weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? Your opinions are important to me so if you think I am right on or off my rocker let me know.