11 April 2011

Spring Things...

I love spring--warmer weather, sunny skies and beautiful flowers. Here is a climbing rose bush that will replace one that didn't make it through the winter. We're going to plant it in the backyard.



And here is dh sweeping out the garage like a good husband. He's doing having done some construction work there. When he's the work is done, the garage will be insulated and have drywall on the ceiling and walls.


Here is one planter that I put some wave petunias in; I have 3 identical planters sitting on the edge of the porch.  I fell in love with the yellow petunias and grabbed them quick at WalMart because only a few were left. I'm looking forward to enjoying them when they're filled out and full of blooms. I hope we don't have another freeze.

Hoping everyone had a great weekend and that your week is nice too. Hugs... S

3 comments:

  1. Spring and Fall are probably my favorite seasons and I think they are the shortest of the four. At least it seems that way anyway. You are a brave lady to plant your flowers this early, but I think you are further South than me. I usually plant mine around Mother's Day. Hope you have a great weeks Sharon Marie. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there sharon, so sorry your rose bush didnt make it thats so horrible, I cant wait to see the new one take off I bet it will be beautiful. I love your planters and I bet your front porch is beautiful just from seeing part of it in the pic :o) Hubby is thinking about building us a little screen house I sure hope he does it will be so nice to go out and sit in. Sounds like your hubby has some work ahead of him, hope your week is starting out well for you hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usually people down here plant on Derby Weekend--the first weekend of May. I'm crossing my fingers we don't have another freeze. The screen room sounds nice Lynn. We talk about enclosing our patio one day but that's not on the short list. Our house was/is a fixer upper and the projects that get priority are 1--have to have done and 2--what we have the money for. ;) The first big thing we did was add on a 2nd bathroom and before it was finished, both sons moved out so no need for it any more. :(

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? Your opinions are important to me so if you think I am right on or off my rocker let me know.