31 March 2011

Topsy-Turvy Doll, Still a WIP

Here are a couple of pics to give you an update on my status with the doll I am making.



In case you missed it in a previous post about this project, this is a pattern from Gourmet Crochet. It is called Topsy-Turvy Doll.  I have a few "goofs" so far. I underestimated the amount of variegated yarn I had on hand so I had to be a bit creative with that.  The variegated yarn ended up being a finer gauge. Also on the variegated portion of the project, I was supposed to crochet some of the rows in the blo but I didn't so I wasn't able to do the ruffles like in the picture. The variegated was what I was going to make the adult doll but now because of the yarn situation I may make that the baby and make a pink collar with a white edge to tie in the hodgepodge of yarns I'm using. If you look at the pattern on Gourmet Crochet you'll see what I mean. Anyway, I like the way the skirt on the pink side flares out--reminds me of a ball gown and yes, I did do quite a bit of improvisation on that too. I'm curious to see how she's going to turn out.  The weekend is almost here and I hope y'all have a great one.



5 comments:

  1. She is so pretty, I just love the colors and I am with you the gowns are just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see her finished. I think she is going to be darling. Have a wonderful weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday! Your doll is coming along nicely. Hope you have a nice weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oi Sharon querida
    Ficou muito lindo!!!!! parabéns!!!
    Um ótimo fim de semana!
    Fique com Deus!
    Beijinhos^_^

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? Your opinions are important to me so if you think I am right on or off my rocker let me know.