07 January 2011

My Blog Won an Award!


I'm pretty excited because my blog won an award! Debi Y. of Hooks, Yarns, Crafts & Gardening selected ME. Now I need to tell you 7 things about myself that you probably don't know.

1. I'm deaf in my left ear and hard of hearing in my right ear. Hearing aids drive me crazy in crowds because noise is very aggravating like fingernails on a chalkboard--those of you in my age category know what that's like :)

2. Because of being a military family, it took me 6 colleges in 4 different states before I was able to get my BA at the ripe old age of 45

3. I was the first granddaughter on my mom's side of the family and my maternal grandmother and I shared the same birthday.

4. I'm a very introverted person, kind of a loner but blogging is bringing me out of my shell.

5. I'm becoming self-conscious in my old age about grammar and punctuation. I know I still make many mistakes but I sometimes lookup things such as "Does a period go inside of parentheses or outside?"

6. I'm a Facebook addict--especially the game Cafe World.

7. I'm older than my husband. Used to bother me until he turned gray and I started dying my hair!

Now I need to pass this on to a few other deserving bloggers. This is a tough decision because there are so many blogs I read. I'll do my best here and keep it to crochet and craft-type blogs.

If I understand the rules, winners should post the award on their blog, tell 7 things about themselves that aren't comonly known in blogland, and select blogs to pass the award on to. I chose 5 blogs because Debi did.


5 comments:

  1. Congradulations Sharon,
    You deserve it!!! Your blog is totally rated E for Excellent!! I'm telling you what, I see wonderful things manifesting for you, the cards of good fortune are in your favor right now, I'm serious. I swear, I just now posted a special blog entry and I posted it before I read this entry you posted, so it must be your time to shine hun. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for thinking of me Sharon and congrats to you also HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks e1 and you are very welcome Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Sharon!

    Just popping over from my blog to say hello and thanks again for thinking of me. I really enjoyed finding out more about you.

    And I think your grammar and punctuation is flawless!

    Even though I won't be doing the seven things, I can tell you two things most people don't know know about me...

    I once drank Sambuka with a former crown prince of Afghanistan. And I have a scary clown doll made of yarn that I love to hug. I'll feature him on the blog some day (the clown, not the prince).

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? Your opinions are important to me so if you think I am right on or off my rocker let me know.