15 December 2010

Getting Ready for Winter Storm

Down here in Kentucky by Fort Knox, we're getting ready for a major storm with snow, freezing rain and sleet. Had to go and get bottled water, canned foods and extra batteries for the flash lights. The gas stove we have now locks up and it isn't possible to light the burners with matches like our old stove so I got some propane for our camping stove just in case we lose power. We were without power for almost a week a few winters ago and it was kind of cozy sleeping on the futon mattress in front of the fireplace with the 2 chihuahuas snuggled with us. Hopefully we'll keep power this time. I'm ready for whatever happens. Y'all have a nice night and stay warm...

Ice storm January-February 2009

4 comments:

  1. That's funny, I just posted about this also. I went to Kroger after dinner and they were packed. I'm ready for the snow. Hope you don't lose power and try to stay warm. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the storm girl and I sure hope you dont lose power either, stay warm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far not much happening here. I went to a Super Walmart in the middle of the afternoon and they were packed too! It can snow all it wants as long as we keep power on--my coffee pot stays on most of the day in the winter brewing decaf. Y'all stay warm!

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? Your opinions are important to me so if you think I am right on or off my rocker let me know.