15 January 2010

15 January, 1947, Elizabeth Short's (aka Black Dahlia) Mutilated Body Found



Today I think we'll take a look at an unsolved crime from the 1940s.  

On this day, January 15th, 1947 the mutilated remains of 22-year-old Elizabeth Short, who came to be known as the "Black Dahlia" were found in a vacant lot in a residential area of Los Angeles, CA. Short was born on July 29, 1924, at Hyde Park, Massachusetts. She was murdered on January 14, 1947.  Numerous persons were questioned in the murder of Short, but her killer was never found despite investigations by the FBI and local authorities.  This murder has been the subject of numerous movies.

If you're interested in the 2006 movie The Black Dahlia, here's a trailer for it:


More information:
FBI Electronic Reading Room records

2 comments:

  1. This is such a sad trajedy and I have to say still popular, when I worked in the bookstore there were people who came in that still wanted the true crime book about her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always interesting to me when old cases are reopened and modern technology is applied to solving them. I wonder if there is a chance for that to happen in this case. She was so young, only 22.I suppose that an unsolved crime that has been sensationalized will stay popular throughout time. Hey, I look forward to your comments Lynn. :)

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? Your opinions are important to me so if you think I am right on or off my rocker let me know.