24 April 2014

Thursday's Tricks (24 April 2014)


 With a Piece of Chalk

Use chalk to remove grease stains from clothes. Simply rub white chalk on the affected area and wash as normal - the chalk will absorb the grease and be washed away in the cycle. Has anyone tried this one? It sounds like an inexpensive way to get the grease off.



https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjQxnm0_J-L89u1qT7cCWcLivxSPD5nHhIRYSIJkZKY3MTmMXe3Qk7Uomosfd6dzGfdY7xATTTcnncQ5Xm0cOkQWeMXKz3YsCj2jSfLYDOWH2nanQna8YHFvAXLjkHGpT_zBpNc6yt7woYB/s1600/94.jpg
Wrap rubber bands around the ends of a hanger to help keep clothes from slipping off. This is another good idea. I've started switching over to velvet hangers (they work very good too) but this is worth a try before I spend money on more hangers.





2 comments:

  1. Hmm. I'll have to try both of these. I wonder if the chalk trick works on motor oil too? Thanks for sharing. Have a great day, Sharon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like an easy and inexpensive trick. I have used shampoo and dishsoap to remove grease from clothing with varying degrees of success.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? Your opinions are important to me so if you think I am right on or off my rocker let me know.