24 April 2014

Thursday's Tricks (24 April 2014)


 With a Piece of Chalk

Use chalk to remove grease stains from clothes. Simply rub white chalk on the affected area and wash as normal - the chalk will absorb the grease and be washed away in the cycle. Has anyone tried this one? It sounds like an inexpensive way to get the grease off.



http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RMUjzYdKR_Y/UTPFSbAENTI/AAAAAAAAE5U/ZR0nbl1VMvA/s1600/94.jpg
Wrap rubber bands around the ends of a hanger to help keep clothes from slipping off. This is another good idea. I've started switching over to velvet hangers (they work very good too) but this is worth a try before I spend money on more hangers.





2 comments:

  1. Hmm. I'll have to try both of these. I wonder if the chalk trick works on motor oil too? Thanks for sharing. Have a great day, Sharon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like an easy and inexpensive trick. I have used shampoo and dishsoap to remove grease from clothing with varying degrees of success.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? Your opinions are important to me so if you think I'm right on or off my rocker let me know.