this pattern a looong time ago and it just made it to the top of the list for a quick crochet fix. I ended up winging it and not following the pattern. I wish that all patterns would tell you it the chain 3 did or did not count as first dc. I also made the "eraser" and the "metal band" different widths too. Overall, I'm pleased with how it turned out.
It's great here today. The weather is a bit cooler and we actually turned off the a/c and opened the windows and doors. The garden didn't do too well this year because of the heat. DH watered the heck out of it but it still seemed to "cook" most of the garden. I'm still getting some tomatoes but that's about all.
I've been delaying starting my wearable project. For one thing, I didn't realize how much yarn that a sweater took. I then started looking at vests and that's where I'm at now. I'll figure something out very soon.
Take care y'all...