25 April 2012

Hmmm, What's Wrong with this Picture??

I was looking at the picture of the shawl I'm working on and I realized that the spacing between the groups of  3 double crochets, seems to have a bigger "gap" between them since I picked up this project to work on after not doing anything with it for a while. See what I mean?


Then I realized that I didn't put the ch 1 between the sets of  3 dc when I first started! I sometimes get confused because all "basic granny" patterns are not the same. Some have the ch 1 between the groups of  3 dc and some don't. Some patterns have a ch 2 in the corners and some have a ch 1. I'm so confused! The pattern I'm using doesn't say to put the ch 1 between the groups so I should have reread the pattern before I resumed work on this. If this was only a single color I would frog it but I'm going to say that I wanted a smaller "gap" at the top/neck of the shawl to make it warmer around the neck. Yep, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!



Comes in Ebook format too!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, I seriously hate when that happens. I swear sometimes when people write patterns they think that "Hey, when I get back to this part, I'll remember it." I hate when there are not enough pattern specifications or notes, it's like they assume or conveniently forget that someone else is going to be reading and using them, lol. So frustrating. I have patterns that I have went over and over until I was able to correct the Authors mistakes, and wanted to smash something, lol. So I am right there with ya on that one, just have to take a step back and breathe, or you could smash something you've been wanting to get rid of, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of stuff I want to get rid of just hope to have a garage sale this summer. I'm a borderline hoarder here lol! Yeah, I get frustrated with some patterns and I just need to have confidence in myself and realize that it's not always me that it's the pattern! This time I might have to take some of the blame though because I didn't read over the pattern before working on this project after a while. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the frustration. That has happened to me many times before. It is still a very pretty shawl.
    I like your Baby Blue Sweater from a few posts down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't really notice until you pointed it out. I must say that I like it the way it is - looks like it's supposed to be that way. Have a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Liz and Debi. I'm leaving it as is. Hoping to find the time to finish it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? Your opinions are important to me so if you think I am right on or off my rocker let me know.