21 August 2011

What Would You Do?

I'm really distressed here. We have some wonderful neighbors. We're friendly with them all.The neighborhood gentleman all hang out together and very often work on home improvement projects together. Oh and let me make it clear, we're not talking about youngsters here because they range in age from almost 50 to 90s. Unfortunately, one neighbor doesn't fit in. He doesn't take care of his home and our property values are affected by it. He takes our pictures and one day he took mine when I answered the door to my son early one  morning and I was in my robe! If a car is parked an inch over the public sidewalk he calls the police. He called the police when his next door neighbor was having a deck built for confirmation a permit had been obtained. He stands across the street and stares in our garage (aka mancave) when the men congregate there. Today he climbed on top of his shed to get a better view over here. It's creepy and I don't know what to do about it. Check out these pictures of him today (yes, I've sunk to his level and started taking pictures):



7 comments:

  1. Wow... you might have to call the police and tell them and ask them the best road to take on this situation... that is very scary to think he is taking pictures of people and doing the things he is doing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is scary. This has been going on for 2 years and I've about had it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a strange situation. Has your husband or anyone else talked to him to see what he's up to? He could be just a lonely old man looking for friends - but I don't know. I'd definately keep an eye on him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debi, I actually talked to him last year. I was standing on the public sidewalk in front of his house and he told me not to come any closer. I asked him what was going on and he said that he was tired of being treated with disdain. I always waved when I saw him outside or driving by. I asked him if he wanted to coming over the next time we cooked out or if he'd like to join the gentleman and have a soda or beer. He declined. I really feel like we're being stalked by this man and it isn't only us, it's his next door neighbor too. Yesterday my husband was given a warning by the police because a friend of dh was parked in our driveway and hanging over the public sidewalk by a couple inches. The police said that it was ridiculous but the man had called so many times the last 2 years that they had to issue the warning. The police officer did mention that perhaps someone should do something about the junk car the neighbor had in his yard because it kind of ruined the looks of the neighborhood. I highly value my privacy and my husband is pretty "social" with the men in the neighborhood, I remain friendly from a distance so this really distresses me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah - he sounds like he has some kind of mental problem. Scary situation. I agree with Alannah - call the police and see what can be done. Maybe Adult Social Services can come out and talk with him and assess his mental capacity. If not - at least it will be on record. Be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a very strange situation. I think as the others suggested, a talk with the police isn't going to hurt anything. He certainly shouldn't be taking your photo without your permission. He sounds beyond nosy to be sure. Hope it gets sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would suggest praying about this. I will pray and send Reiki. You are going to have to be the bigger person here. You could also have your husband talk with him and see how that works out. Peace is always the desired result, it would be nice if things could work out without having to call the law, especially since calling the law rarely ever solves things.
    P.S.
    I tried to comment with my google account and was told I did not have permission to access.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? Your opinions are important to me so if you think I am right on or off my rocker let me know.