18 January 2011

Yesterday Ray and I Celebrated Our Anniversary

24 years ago yesterday, Ray and I were married. We didn't have a big to-do, we were both in the navy. I was stationed on a ship, the USS Ajax, and Ray's ship, the USS New Orleans, was temporarily in the yards in San Francisco. He flew to San Diego for the weekend, we got married and he went back to Frisco the next day. The following weekend he came back to San Diego and we rented an apartment and set up housekeeping although in the beginning neither of us spent much time at home. It was nice to have a home to go to away from our ships when we were able to get there. Here's a picture of us on our wedding day (couldn't find the original only this one I played around with). See, I told you it wasn't a big to-do. :)

Tonight Ray came home with these beautiful roses--
Next year we'll have our silver anniversary. Where has the time gone?

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! Your story sounds romantic, and those roses are beautiful!! Blessings to you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! As someone who is coming up on my 27th anniversary, it is so wonderful to see great lasting marriages. Happy anniversary to you and Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! He has been a tower of patience putting up with me all these years :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and beautiful. The roses are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? Your opinions are important to me so if you think I am right on or off my rocker let me know.