10 January 2011

Whazzz Happenin'

Not much going on here. DH and I spent a lazy weekend. I did finish the baby cocoon I was crocheting. I'll hold off on posting a photo of it until I get the matching hat done.


I'm making the blue one.


Winter storm is supposed to move in tonight. I have plenty of canned food on hand and a few MREs and the camping stove with several bottles of propane on hand just in case we lose power. Also have a few of the gallon-size bottles of water. If we get the word that the water will be cut off I'll fill the bathtubs up for miscellaneous needs. I just expect everything to be ok though.


The oven on my stove stopped working and I haven't had it for 2 years yet! I've always bragged about how quickly the oven pre-heated and I mentioned to dh that it seem to be taking a long time and he said "check it." The darned thing was stone-cold! I had mixed up a batch of cookie dough this weekend and tried to bake some snickerdoodles and I ended up resorting to my toaster oven to make them. The bottoms got a bit too brown but we ate them anyway. :)


Son #1 is going to Colorado this week. Hope he doesn't get snowed in there. I really don't want him to go there especially this time of the year but he's a big boy and I guess he can handle himself.


Need to get to the store to do my "coupon" shopping at Walgreens. Y'all take care...

1 comment:

  1. I heard about the snow coming in, so did a little necessity grocery shopping last night (just in case); eggs, milk, creamer, etc. Hope you won't lose power. The baby snuggly is very cute. Looking forward to seeing yours. Take care and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? Your opinions are important to me so if you think I am right on or off my rocker let me know.