25 March 2010

Here's Another Dishcloth and Potholder



Here's another potholder and dishcloth.  I'm packing these and the ones I made the other day and mailing them to my uncle.  I think he'll like them.  The potholders aren't "pretty" but they are practical and a bit over-sized and will be a good fit for a man with big hands.

Do any of you have problems deciding what to use for backgrounds when taking photos of your crochet projects?  I'm running out of ideas.  I use the grass when weather is good and grass is green, my black coat is another choice, the dishcloth on this post is set on a table runner on my coffee table, and today's potholder is on a chair in the living room.  I'm out of ideas so please everyone, leave me a comment on any new ideas you may have.

Take care all...

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon....hope l don't bore anyone with the photos to follow of the move so excited and can't wait to get my hands on the house lol
    Loving the pot holders have't touched the hooky stuff for a good few weeks now but gathering a lot of ideas for when we have finally moved to Bakewell and settled in
    Hugs XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your excitement about the new house. I was the same way when we bought ours. We had a photo album of before and after pictures of the projects we worked on. Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are very lovely and Im sure your Uncle is glad to have them, wow how lucky are you to go to work and crochet!! LOL I hope you have a good weekend, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lynn! Today I was substitute teacher for 1/2 day so no crocheting at work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can never have too many dishcloths. I need to make some more myself.

    As for the lapghans, I'm sure most any organization would love to have them, if you don't have a VA hospital in your area.

    If you don't find anyone, I'd be happy to take them and bring to my local VA here. I'd love for everyone to get something, but there's usually 40+ on this ward at any one time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just remembered that next door to where I'm doing my temp job for the Census Bureau is a DAV office. I'll just stop in and ask them. We have a hospital about an hour from here and I have some appointments there, but mainly I go to satellite clinics closer to home. The vets really deserve our support. Wish I would have stayed active 5 more years and retired. Oh well, that's ancient history now.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? Your opinions are important to me so if you think I am right on or off my rocker let me know.