03 May 2009

Garden 2009 Started




Started our garden this weekend. In the top picture you can see the entire garden and the other 2 pictures show the tomato plants. So far I've planted tomatoes, carrots, two types of green beans, and 2 kinds of green peppers. I have more plants and seeds to go--onions, garlic, zucchini, cucumbers, broccoli, lettuce, radishes more tomatoes and several types of peas. We learned last year that a small home garden isn't large enough to grow corn in so we're going to buy a couple bushels of corn to freeze. After planting what I have so far, dh and I decided that we're going to have to enlarge the garden. I have put a few pictures here of our garden. It will be interesting to see it progress during the growing season. Here's hugs for all...

More Gardening Helps

2 comments:

  1. It's a beer garden! hehe Just Kidding :) I have always wanted a home garden, but when we had the room I didn't have the know-how. Now we have a tiny yard...I want to try tomatoes in containers. Good luck with your garden! It will be fun to see it grow....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess I should have said I put the can there for size comparison. Wouldn't be bad to grow a beer or 2 lol! I grew one tomato plant in a comtainer last year and a pepper plant too. They did pretty good. This is only our 2nd time having a garden. We've been eating green beans from last years all winter. We're taking it easy on cucumbers this year because we still have beaucoup pickles from last year.

    ReplyDelete

What are your thoughts? Your opinions are important to me so if you think I am right on or off my rocker let me know.