16 June 2008

6-16-2008: Stash, Crochet, Money Saving Tip & History Trivia


Earlier this month, I was up in Illinois for the wedding of a family member. When I visit there, I enjoy going to some of the thrift stores in search of treasures. This time, I was able to find a nice stash of yarn at a church's rummage sale for only $2. This is a picture of what I got for my money. I'll be crocheting a while with all of this yarn. When I was getting ready to go up there, I was crocheting my fingers off trying to make slippers for many of my family members. I only got six pairs done so I had to be selective about who I gave a pair. This link-- http://www.knitting-crochet.com/crochet/slisoc.html will show you the pattern I used. Unfortunately, I didn't get pictures made before I gave them away. I modified this pattern by shortening the "cuff" so that I was able to use up more scraps from my stash.
Money saving tip-- As you noticed, I add to my yarn stash by shopping in thrift stores and rummage sales. You may also have luck at yard/garage sales, estate sales and auctions too. Good luck in your search for inexpensive yarns!
On this day in history 1963--
The Soviet Union launched the first female space traveler, Valentina Tereshkova, into orbit aboard Vostok 6. Go to -> http://space.about.com/od/cosmonautbiographies/a/tereshkovabio.htm to read a short biography about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? Your opinions are important to me so if you think I am right on or off my rocker let me know.